Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Last night I made spinach pies w/puff pastry dough for one of today's appetizers.

As I was assembling the little triangles, I was thinking about my loved ones. While it's impossible to not think of those who are absent today, I was listening to Christmas music (thanks to Elisabeth, I downloaded Sarah Mc.'s "Wintersong"), busily working with my hands, and thinking of how lucky I am to have my beautiful family, and the best of friends. I am very grateful.

Today is also about food! I just made John Thorne's Best-Ever Pecan Pie, from Richard Sax's Classic Home Desserts. Troy loves pecan pie, but I've never been a big fan, b/c usually it's all gelatinous and claggy (is that a word?), and way too sweet. Finding this recipe changed my feelings about pecan pie -- John Thorne cracked the code. It really is the best ever! It contains golden syrup and dark rum, and is perfect.

Wishing you lots of love & happiness today.

3 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Wishing it right back atcha Lise!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
xx

Paola Westbeek said...

all the best for you and your family, lisa. you are very blessed indeed.

paola

Kathryn said...

Lisa, those spinach puff pies look fab (not to mention the pecan pie). Hope you and Mr X and everyone had a great day.
Kathryn x