Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The $200 Pizza

Fuggedy fug fug fug!
I just got pulled over whilst on my way to get a pizza* for dinner. Going 70 in a 55 m.p.h. zone.
"Do you know the speed limit on this road?" asked the kindly sheriff.
I had to admit that no, I did not.
At least this time, I could find the car registration.
And my driver's license was up-to-date.
And my tags weren't expired.
Of course I got a citation, and although I expected it to be hefty, I literally gasped when I flipped the yellow ticket over and saw the fine. $188.
OUCH!
Every year, there's some chef in Manhattan who makes a million-dollar burger, with foie gras and truffles and other high-cost ingredients, and it's sort of a ha-ha -isn't-this-cute kind of feature story. Well, here you have it, a look at the World's Most Expensive Pizza, but I'm not laughing:

Sadly, it wasn't even very good.

*No, they do not deliver.

8 comments:

Mannix said...

ouch.
can't you drizzle some truffle oil over the leftovers, close your eyes and pretend wolfgang puck came into your house in the middle of the night and shaved black truffles over it?

failing that open a bottle of something you've been saving, dice the leftovers into canape size bites and adorn with coiled up anchovies etc...

Couldn't you have flirted with the cop?

Sarah said...

One hundred and eighty eighty DOLLARS?!?!?!

Ehug!

Correct answer to 'do you know what the speed limit is?'...

"Go to hell!"

LOL.

xox Sarah

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you should have informed him you were on the way to the donut shop. Then he'd understand and let you off. Instead, you smelled bacon before picking up your pizza. How ironic.

Sorry for the ticket. How many point you up to now?

Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh GEEEEEZZZZZZ - ouch, that's expensive. Do you have to go to traffic school too? Ugh.

Been there too many times myself, Lisa, but I think my top ticket was only $85.

Sandy said...

That truly sucks!!!!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh, poo !!

Now if that pizza had been stunningly delicious.....

:-)

xx

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of e-hugs Lisa.

Too funny Mannix

xoxo

Lady M said...

A pizzeria that doesn't deliver should close down immediately. I think you should send them the ticket. ;)

xoxo
Ilana