Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Friday Pt. II

After experiencing my shopping paralysis, I was telling my friend that I wish we could just give everyone we liked a pretty pencil. And a book & an orange. Just a nice way to to say, "Merry Christmas."
When my Mom was a little girl, one Christmas, during WWII, all she and her three sisters got was an orange each!
I love reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's, "Christmas in the Big Woods," to my boys, b/c everything is so beautiful and simple. For Christmas, the girls get red mittens & peppermint sticks -- and Laura gets a doll. And they're all so happy!

Friday thinks pencils are fun & tasty.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I was just catching up on your last few posts, and after I read how you liked the simplicity of the Ingall's life, I thought to myself...be careful what you wish for, Lisa! :)
I am constantly craving a more simple life, but let's be honest here, I like my ice cubes and cold beverages too. I hope the motherboard is a keeper.