Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas & to all a good night!

Ahh, Boxing Day. My new adopted favorite holiday. I'm still in my pajamas, there's a cat sitting beside me, Casablanca was just on TV, and there are tons of leftovers in the fridge. Nobody has to do anything or be anywhere, and as the boys are happily playing with their new toys, I get to catch up with my friends and flip through my new books!
Our Christmas Eve dinner was great, and it was a nice night with family, good food & wine. I'd made chocolate cloud cake for dessert, and even managed to loosen my iron grip on my decorative gold buttons. What the hell, I said to myself, it's Christmas, and sprinkled and dotted the whipped cream with abandon. Okay, well, not really abandon, but judicious generosity.

My dog is the happiest creature on Earth. He got steak handouts and washed them down with fresh rainwater captured in his giant bowl outside. He stole the boys' new football, but didn't get into any trouble b/c he did it in such a cute manner. And Santa Paws (Wyatt's secret identity) gave him a squeaky mallard duck. Within a half hour, Troy discovered a lone duck foot on the floor and we found bits of white fluffy stuffing clinging to Lucky's chin.

We had Christmas brunch here, and then went to Aunt Nancy & Uncle Jim's for another awesome dinner. The boys were relatively tuckered out from the events of the day, so they hung out and watched some tv. After coffee & port, and by the time Gina started discussing Clay Aiken & Kelly Ripa, it was time to call it a night, go home, & collapse.

This year, considering all the changes in our family, I'm very touched by a gift given to me by the boys, picked out especially for me by Wyatt. It's a snowglobe filled with fine glitter that floats over our city, with landmark buildings & a palm tree, and it plays "Here Comes the Sun."
"It's alright..."

1 comment:

Anna's kitchen table said...

You make me just want to kick off my shoes and snuggle on the sofa with a lovely long alcoholic drink and just exhale quietly...

Yup, everything IS gonna be alright!!

xx