Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"When I was a chambermaid in Venice..."

Dazed from 48 hours stuck in Frankfurt, we arrived back home late yesterday, and feel very happy to be showered!
I am convinced that, had Dante lived to glimpse the modern world, he would have defined Frankfurt International Airport as another terrace of Purgatorio, or perhaps even classified it as the 10th circle of Hell.

Here is a shot of our bathroom in Venice, where you can see I continued my duties as chambermaid whilst on vacation, since the boys contracted an intestinal bug and left their mark all over the city & our clothing.
I have nothing but glowing remarks about the Venitians we met, who were kind-hearted, considerate, fun, and hospitable. We had a wonderful time, and my heart has been filled with a hearty dose of joy, for which I am very, very grateful.

It is an amazing place, and I have about 500 (give or take) more pics to share with you!

3 comments:

julie said...

Oh wonderful (I mean the pics)!

Sorry about the delay and the tummy bugs...but I'm sure all in all it was great!

Jxx

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. Such a shame the boys had a tummy bug, but sounds like you all enjoyed it anyway, thank goodness. :o)

Kathryn said...

I love that pic of you and the boys. Looking forward to hearing more! and seeing pics.

Kathryn x