Sunday, October 07, 2007

Nigella Express U.S. premier

Finally, this morning, I got to see "Nigella Express," Nigella's show in support of her new cookbook.
My thoughts on the first show:
-Those were some big Cornish hens!
-Nigella was so cute and cheerful.
-I thought the family dinner with Nigella's father was quite sweet. Lord Lawson is a man after my own heart, opening the red wine and offering a generous pour. I loved how complimentary he was toward his lovely daughter.
-Good to know you can get cleaned squid frozen in a bag. There are certain things I don't want to prep.
-I like the Wonkiwear. Nice shapes.
-Nigella knows her bourbon: Maker's Mark, made in Kentucky, is the finest! Look for the signature red-wax-sealed bottle top.
-Somehow, I missed seeing the 6-inch heels during the caramel croissant pudding section. Must rewind.
I'm so happy to see Nigella again, it feels like getting a visit from a favorite friend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed it, since I'm at work and had to cover a funeral.

I'll try the frozen squid sometime. But the fresh ones aren't that hard to cut up. I did have to overcome my initial squeamishness. Sqeamish about squid! How many other words can I think of that start with squ?

Lisa said...

Was it squidgy?

Anna's kitchen table said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I wouldn't miss it on a Monday night either!
xx

Lady M said...

I loved it too. You made some excellent points there! :)

I missed the heels and the Wonki Ware, so have to rewind for that part.

xoxo
Ilana

Sarah said...

Squid
Squeamish
Squalor
Squish
Squab
Squat
Squad
Squall

(Sorry I'm bored at home).

xox Sarah

Anna's kitchen table said...

...squadron
square... :-)

Lisa said...

Squint
Squirt

Kelly-Jane said...

I glad to hear you liked it Lisa, me too!

KJxx

squash (yay the pumpkin obsession comes to the rescue!)