Saturday, March 08, 2008

Return to Venice

It's hard to take a bad picture in Venice, it's such a visual treat for the eyes. Everything seems elevated, as if rising to the beauty all around. Walking a dog. Feeding a bird. Drinking hot chocolate. The ordinary can be extraordinary sometimes.
When we arrived at the crest of the Accademia Bridge to look upon this Grand Canal scene, I felt content.

Griffin loved the pigeons of San Marco, he was so happy feeding them and interacting with them, that I see a bird in our future.

One of my favorites: spaghetti with clams. I love the jingling sound the clam shells make.

Hand-made gloves. If I lived in a cold climate, I would be a glove addict.


A candle lit for a friend.




Inside the Palazzo Ducale.

Eating pizza.

Il Dottore!

This is not The Chambermaid's laundry. I can't get my whites that white.

I'm hard pressed to think of any symbol cooler than the winged lion. Pax tibi. Peace to you.



Treasures from the sea, at the Naval Museum.

More pizza.

A room with a view.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!

If these pictures don't get my family to Venice, nothing will!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

megan

Anonymous said...

oooh ooh ooh love the pics but specially love the pink vase and the orange tunic, my ave colours at the mo - more photos of my boy Wyatt please!Tx

Anonymous said...

Lovely ... just lovely. Your pictures are divine. I'm going back to look at them all again. When's the next trip?
P.S. Glad the boys were well this time! Did the restaurant with the now infamous couch recognise you guys?
Jody

Lisa said...

Jody, I just posted a report for you :).
Yes, they did recognize us. And they let us stay there anyway.