Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Thinking & schmoozing

Recently, Kelly-Jane of the very impressive Cooking the Books, awarded me these two blogger awards:

and

The timing was funny, because I'd been feeling like I had nothing to say, and what was the point in my having a blog...I was thinking of packing it in because I really didn't feel like I was contributing anything worthwhile. This is why my "Sum Sum Summertime" post was up for so long.
My blog serves as a modern diary for me, and I like being able to share a moment with pictures included. Some friends who are very busy and on-the-go can pop in and catch up a little bit, and a lot of the time, I do like to try to share funny or happy or silly moments because my view of life is that there's enough hardship going around, so why not talk about cakes and cats and things that can bring a little levity to our lives?
When I first saw that K-J listed me in her meme, I thought, "What does this mean?" I guess the fact that I've been thinking about the meaning and managed to concoct a post about it tells me she was right, haha.
I just wish more people would leave more comments on my blog to schmooze along with me :).
Thank you, K-J, you are very thoughtful yourself, and I appreciate these two awards. AND your blog is fabulous and always inspires me. It's like pressing my nose up against a bakery window!
~Lisa

5 comments:

Mary D in Texas said...

I remember you from the Nigella website and have kept up with you and Ilana through your blogs. I enjoy reading your blog and hope you continue it.

Anonymous said...

I read it! And hope for doggie pictures :)

Lisa said...

Hi ladies, and thank you.

Sandy said...

You know I love reading your blog, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Always have, always will.
Michxxx