Thursday, August 28, 2008

The week in review

I've been a bit scattered lately and so thought I'd just encapsulate the week here.
First of all, the happiest news came. We learned that our best friend's sister was MISDIAGNOSED with a terrible disease. Several months ago, she was told she had leukemia, and now, it turns out, she really doesn't!
It doesn't get any better than that, and what a profound reminder that life can turn on a dime. We are so happy for Tom and his whole family, who deserve a return to happiness!
In far less pivotal news, the food highlights of the week were the Greek village salad, inspired by Anna...

...and the potatoes, which accompanied marinated steak & some awesome onion & mushroom soup. Best meal of the week there.

I completed watching the entire Season 1 of AMC's "Mad Men," and got caught up on Season 2. I was inspired to flip my hair, kitty-cat my eyeliner, and don (no pun intended, hehe) a Kenneth Jay Lane neckace. Be thankful for the dark/no-flash photo, as it could otherwise be scary, I'm so unphotogenic. The necklace, a faux (glass) grey baroque pearl three-strand, is probably up for grabs, by the way, b/c I never end up wearing it for more than 15 minutes.
"Mad Men" is fantastic! I can't wait until Sunday now to see the new episode.

In "Friday Friday" news, poor Friday is just exhausted, as you can see, from waiting by the phone to hear whether or not he's going to be called upon to be Vice President or not. After a long day, he finally collapsed alongside his advisors, Glow-Worm, Peter Rabbit, and Lambo, who were equally tired from the week's events. It's true that Friday can't tell you how many houses he owns, but I think we all agree he could sniff out Osama Bin Laden. Definitely!
Whatever happens, happens -- and we're behind him all the way.

When the stress hits, I head for the pool, and tonight I asked Troy to stand guard against any pre-schooler interlopers.
Lucky and I had a relaxing swim together, and as I floated on my back and looked up at the sky, I thought, "That is so beautiful!" Nature is a true tonic for the soul.


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

That is a great recap of a great week! The misdiagnosis sounds like a miracle. That is beyond wonderful news.
I love the hair flip and necklace. And please tell me more about that soup. I've been gearing up to make more soup for fall, and onion and mushroom sounds yum!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandy. I also wish I could go float in a pool when life gets stressful - lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness about the misdiagnosis, although how the ***** they can make that mistake.
love the necklace, shame i look awful in short collars otherwise I would be on your case lol. Bl how VP he should go all the way and would probably make better decisions that the whole lot of them put together.have a lovely weekend.
love
Tx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I was looking for the Friday-Friday update and actually read the post instead of just "looking at the pictures". Thanks for the Blog shoutout.

Batten down thar hatches for all ye storms.