Saturday, September 27, 2008

Madame Charlotte!

Among the divine desserts ("puddings?") Rachel made during our visit, was a charlotte. A chocolate-raspberry charlotte.
It was so delicious!
I've been meaning to learn how to make one of these for some time, and have procrastinated, so it was great to see Rachel demonstrate how it's done. Like having a front seat at a cooking show.
The recipe comes from Rachel's friend's mother (who is French, so I consider this methode authoritative), and calls for soaking the Ladyfingers in rum & water. With no rum on hand (can you imagine?), we used brandy instead. The charlotte mould is lined with the biscuits, and then filled with a chocolate mousse. Some fresh raspberries were also sunk into the mix.

So pretty! It tasted as good as it looks!

Cooper loved it so much, he was giddy. Or tipsy from the brandy. Or hyper from the chocolate.

Whatever the case, he would've married Rachel if she weren't already taken.
I've been given the assignment, by my instructor, to make a charlotte within one month. I'm looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks so yummy! And Cooper's such a little cutie!

Please make it and give us the recipe!! :)

xox Sarah

Sandy said...

I've never had this dessert, or seen it for that matter.
It looks lovely. I imagine if I tried making it, the whole thing would collapse.
Cooper is so cute.

mayonnaise said...

I bought the Charlotte tin a coupe of years ago...er made the Charlotte.....help me! Inspire me! I need 4 boys to help me eat it though.
I agree with sarah and sandy, Cooper is a cutie (and so funny, well maybe not so funny when lying on the floor)!
And you look so gorgeous in your sangria and scarf photo .... :) Lovely posts.
Mayonnaisey xxx

Rachel said...

Sandy, it did collapse about 10 seconds after the photo was taken! But it just made it even more delicious as the portions miraculously became bigger ;o)
I'm hoping I'll have some rum soon hint hint!