Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I just got done setting the table and the boys are in the pool burning off some of their Easter sugar, which was their breakfast.

I lit a candle for my Mom, thinking of her because today is/was her birthday, and I miss her, of course.

Also, I'm using her china, which is a beautiful basketweave pattern.

And a little dish with a painted picture of rosemary on it, I'm using to hold salt. "Rosemary for remembrance."


The boys and I colored eggs last night, which was really fun.

And here is an Easter card Harry made. I think it's adorable.

We'll be having ham, mushroom risotto, asparagus, and maple-roasted sweet potatoes, so I've got to get cracking, and will try to keep any sugary-teary breakdowns at bay with some Prosecco.
These coconut cupcakes are for dessert, later.

Here's to family & friends, near and far, at our table or in our hearts.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and meal you have planned. I'm glad you have good memories to look back on and I'm thinking of you and your Mom today too.

Happy Easter!

julie said...

Lovely thoughts and pictures, Lisa. Hope you've been having a great day.

xo

Rachel said...

What a beautiful table! And the menu sounds delicious!!! They served us chinese last night at work ?! wtf?
Did guard bunny get a bow round his neck? Will call later

xxxxxx

Coffee with Cathy said...

Lisa -- I hope your wonderful day went the way you wanted it to. The ways you remembered and honored your mother's memory touched me deeply. Sounds like she would have been so proud of you.

Lisa said...

Thanks, you guys, I appreciate your love & support.
L. xoxo

megan said...

Very beautiful, Lisa, I love how you have wound the remebrance of your mother through the celebration.

Anna's kitchen table said...

What a lovely post Lisa ((()))