Saturday, April 26, 2008

A very nice honor

This blog was started on a lark one night, because I was looking for something to do, and I thought it would be fun.
It has been fun. It's also been a great outlet for me to rant, rave, drone, and post pics of things that are often pretty random. I like the format a lot, and it's been a journal for me, oftentimes the only right place for me to voice my feelings on topics that are important to me, as well as simple things that are funny to me.
I'm not the best cook or baker, nor consistent in those arenas, and I appreciate all the love and support I get from my friends who are food bloggers. If the Food Blogging world were an Upstairs/Downstairs saga, I guess I'd be the character continually traipsing up and down the back stairs, from the nursery to the wine cellar.
Therefore, I was really touched and honored when Eva, of Tea for One, a blog I adore, passed on to me an "Excellent" blog award. I would like to thank Eva for her thoughtfulness, which I very much appreciate. It made me feel really good to hear that someone appreciates The Chambermaid!
Eva, who is naturally a cool person but also gets bonus points for her Transylvanian and Swedish links, has earned another star in my book. Unfortunately, I was too tired to find out the exact details of the award, and couldn't figure out how to post the bold, black EXCELLENT! stamp signifying that I'd been awarded. In my pursuit of the "good enough" in life, I stumbled upon this image of Mr. Burns, who likes to rub his hands together and say "Excellent!" -- sometimes followed by "Smithers, release the hounds!" but we'll leave that part out here.

If I were to pass this award on to another blogger, it would be to the amazing Sarah, who never fails to entertain, educate, and amuse me with her Excellent! blog, Sarah Cooks, and also deserves a special place in food blogging history for her impressive project Sarah Discovers How to Eat. Keep an eye on her, she is doing great things.
Thank you very much, Eva, for your kindness!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrulations!

megan

Sarah said...

Hey Lisa!

Congratulations! And thank-you for the honour! You rock!

xox Sarah

vonsachsen said...

Lisa, you are welcome! You more than deserve this "award":)Deserve might not be the right word, of course, who am I to deceide who deserves what?! BUT, your writing touches me, inspires me and that´s all that matters for me. So, thank YOU and please keep going :)

Eva
xx

Sandy said...

Lisa, your blog continues to inspire me all the time. Your words are touching, thought provoking, and often very funny.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lisa!! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the BlOgscar...and the Razzie Award I am presenting you with for never putting the cool posts (like this) up.

Thanks though for letting me post on your other blog.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Well done Lisa!
xx