Saturday, May 03, 2008

Rays of sunshine

Oh, I am so tired. I always say my personal life motto is "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time" (that should really be in Latin), and this week provided further evidence of my particular brand of folly.
Um, what was I thinking, getting a puppy?
Puppy-training is exhausting! You're constantly monitoring them to see if they're peeing or pooping or chewing or choking. I take the dog out a thousand times a day and encouragingly (somewhat hysterically) say, "Go potty! Good boy! Good boy!"
Nevertheless, the pup is here and I'm dealing with it, and right when I was ready to collapse and break down into a weeping pile, I clicked over to Ilana's blog and read this:
...Because, on my other blog, is where I have the literary freedom to rhyme or to philosophize or talk about shoes, and I take my inspiration from Lisa, because her talent for putting certain words together is marvelous - she makes everything beautiful.

What sweetness. Thank you, Ilana.

This means a lot to me, because, as you know, being a chambermaid is often a wearing job, and I appreciate the kind compliment! It's nice to think that my brain is still utilizing the ol' synapses.
Coincidentally, it was Ilana who inspired me to start a blog. When she visited here and I was perched at the kitchen counter, watching her make dishes for her Cupboard Love project blog, and the computer was right there beside us. The night Ilana went home, I had nothing to do, and thought I'd mess around on blogger, and voila! Another blog was born, whether needed or not.
The other aspect of why this makes me happy is because it seems like there's been a lot of bad juju going around in the world lately. A lot of people I know are having a hard time, and it has a worrying effect that shakes us up. Receiving a little love is something a lot of people could do with right now, and a kind word or deed really boosts the spirit.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, whenever you're having a bad day, just say so, because I have loads of nice things to say about you. :)

Kelly-Jane said...

Ilana is spot on! When I started my blog you were one of my three inspirations, the other two being Aussie Sarah and Anna.

Lisa said...

That's interesting Sandy & K-J, b/c when I was writing, I was thinking how you two inspire me. K-J, I am always amazed by everything you make. Sandy, just when I feel like I'm going to collapse, something you say will energize me, b/c your enthusiasm is contagious!
Thanks to you both!
Love,
Lisa