Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sum sum summertime

Summer is here. It's now in the 90's every day, and June 1st marks the official start of Hurricane Season.
Normally, I'm not a summertime person, but I have to say I'm kind of in a groove right now.
I'm eating lots of ripe watermelon...

Swimming all the time. And I just got this all-natural sunscreen from L'Occitane that I recommend. Supposedly from Brazil, it's got a pretty good scent, and works well.

Lucky loves to swim,

but our new dog, Friday, dreads it.

He's really not an outdoorsy dog. He likes the A/C. (Kind of like me.)
I'm slowly trying to get him swimming, and hope he eventually changes his mind. At this point, I have to track him down to "invite" him for a swim.
Friday says, "Noooooooo!"

Yesterday, I got the new Saveur issue, which features various road trips and road-trip food, including a string of Texas margarita hits. Upon the mag's advice, I made a margarita following this recipe:

4 ounces Herradura Silver tequila
1.5 ounces fresh lime juice
1 ounce Cointreau

Whoa!

That is one smooth margarita.
I was floating on the blue water, looking up at the blue sky, and thinking good thoughts about humanity after a few sips of this.
Meanwhile, I've got one heck of a stack on my To-Read shelf, and it's my goal to crack into these.

So wish me luck, and I wish you a very nice summer!

9 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

WOW! That's a huge reading pile to get through :-)

Your Summer sounds like it's off to a flying start! I wish you a great Summer too!
xxx

Sandy said...

Oh my God, that is one HUGE stack of books. If you can get through those by the end of the summer, I will be beyond impressed! :)

Anonymous said...

Where's the Sex in the City post??

vonsachsen said...

Mmm, this post is loaded with summer! I love your glasses and that "vase" (yes, I know it´s not a vase, but it´s the closest I can come and I don´t have a dictionary here :D)
And that stack IS huge, but I am also a bit envious of you having all that to look forward to :)
Have a very nice summer :)

julie said...

I'm so envious of the temperature and the pool, and the cocktail!

Have a fantastic summer, Lisa! I'm sure you'll find the time to read at least some of these books!

Norm said...

'I Capture the Castle' is one of my favourite EVER books!!! I hope you love it. It's one of my mum's favourites too. We've both read it many times. Try to see the film too if you can - one of those rare films that actually does justice to the original book.

Great pictures too! :-)

Kelly-Jane said...

I can just smell Summer time :)

Good luck with your huge mountain of books!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought I left a comment here already! You'll have a great summer - but I hope it doesn't mean you'll be on blog-hiatus. That's a deadly margarita - I think Norm makes them like that too!
Let us know if Friday eventually makes friends with the water.
Cheers Lisa.
xo
Jody

Anonymous said...

Tequila? Where's the rum? You sellin' out?

Tell rumrunner I'm in contact w\Goran.