Strawberries are in season here and we've been eating a ton of them. I finally found some rhubarb at the grocery store, and stewed it down with some sugar and then combined it with whipped cream, the berries, and some ladyfingers to make a combination fool/Charlotte. Very light and delicious!
I regret not getting the Charlotte pan I was contemplating when Julie and I shopped at E. Dehillerin a few years ago -- it would have been much more elegant than my aluminum foil contraption. But it works.
Oh, and I used Siesta Key rum hot off the still, mixed w/water, to dip the biscuits in before placing them into the mould.
Now that I've learned the formula, I find Charlottes so easy to make and they're very pretty. It's just a matter of assembling and then letting the form sit for an hour or more to allow all the components to meld together.