Friday, March 06, 2009

Today's the day!

To make the rum!
Here's the pristine set-up, ready to go.

For the past few days, the molasses mixture has been fermenting, and today Troy will run the first distillation of white rum. Alex & Nick are here for support and to make sure everything works as it should.
We'll get to taste it tonight! I'm ready with my "[Fill in your city] Sunset" cocktail recipe.

2 drops of grenadine syrup in the bottom of an ice-filled glass
1 jigger white rum
splash of Amaretto
Top off with pineapple juice, don't stir.

3 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh my gosh!! How very exciting!
Best of luck with everything Lisaroo
xxx

Anonymous said...

Really exciting,
I'm moving in with you lot.

either add coke
on crushed ice and slice of lemon
or lime juice and sugar cane syrup on lots of ice
Tx

Anonymous said...

So exciting! So impressive! And that drink sounds good. I have half a pineapple in the refrigerator. I could probably manage to juice it. And I've got the rum, amaretto and grenadine....