Monday, July 09, 2007

Cappuccino art VII and more.

The other morning, Troy and I were discussing how the only thing we ever see in our cappuccinos these days are ghosts.
It's no longer shocking. It's like: oh look, another ghost.
This one is straight out of the Casper the Friendly Ghost tales.

Look at that smile.

Imagine our delight, then, when Troy sliced an onion, and saw a face in the onion. (Only portobello mushrooms were involved in this dinner.)

Just in case you need a little push for visualization:

The red onion is a super food. And entertaining, as well.
After another slice, we saw a more feminine, petite onion face.
So we decided to make an onion family.

They lived happily ever after in a robust pasta sauce.
The End.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to get this book:

Play With Your Food by Joost Elffers

You will never look at vegetables the same way again.

Megan

Sandy said...

Too cute!!! I love the onion family. I will be 'watching' my food more closely from now on.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Did the boys appreciate the onion family too or just you and Troy?

Anonymous said...

Quit playing with your food & put the rum away.

Lisa said...

Megan, I think I've seen that book!
Karen, the boys thought it was funny, but I don't think they thought it was as funny as we did.
Tom, I swear there was no rum involved.

Anna's kitchen table said...

Ha ha ha! I love the onion faces, oh and the ghost is toooo cute!

Kelly-Jane said...

I'm smiling a big smile!

Anonymous said...

This is such a good blog :D Love the onions!

Anonymous said...

Faces in onions. Who would have thought?

Sounds like fun. :)