Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cappuccino art


This morning I got Snoopy!
Very impressive!
When I was growing up, I adored Snoopy, so this was a delightful surprise for me...as it was for Troy. When I suggested he could maybe get a job in Italy if his skills continue like this, he told me he might instead work on making a foam Madonna (Mary, of course, not Ciccone) that he could auction off on ebay.

Random trivia of the day: Frank Sinatra's favorite color was orange. His Palm Springs home was decorated with lots of orange.
Orange was designated the "color of the Millenium" by design professionals, although that never quite took off (like pink). Orange seems to be a very popular color in Germany.

Movie recommendation: Children of Men with the ever-watchable Clive Owen. Intense! Sci-fi, action packed.

Book recommendation: Heartburn by Nora Ephron. She's so funny. This is a novel about the break-up of a (very pregnant) cookbook writer's marriage.

4 comments:

Lady M said...

Wow, that is so cool! I LOL'd about Troy's Ebay comment. Did you know that Ellen Degeneres bought a potato chip that had a smiley face on it on Ebay? It came to the show, wrapped in about 100 feet of bubble tape. LOL.

Also, great recommendations. I have wanted to watch Children of Men in ages, but life has been busy, so hopefully I'll get to see it soon.

Also, isn't Heartburn being made into a movie, or am I thinking of something else entirely?

Hmmmn.

Ilana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendations, Lisa, love.

Troy is really quite talented.

Lea x

Kathryn said...

That IS cool. Well done Troy - a cappuccino art career could well be his!

I love Heartburn...

Haven't seen Children of Men though. You're making me think I should!!

Kathryn x

Anonymous said...

I swear I can see the face of baby Jesus.

I've been detoxing too long.