Thursday, January 11, 2007

Maybe we could still be friends.


My hair stylist and I broke up. Well, I left her, after a few months of dullness, and what with the long drive and all...it just sort of happened, and she probably knows it by now, b/c I simply stopped going to see her after cancelling my last appointment. Within the stipulated 24 hours, of course. Then again, it's possible she hasn't noticed.
Why is it always so weird to break up w/your hairstylist?
It was not my intention to leave her, but after our last few dates, I was feeling slightly darker and dissatisfied. I still like her -- just not in the same way anymore. When I last left the salon, and scheduled my next appointment at the desk before departing, I did not in any way foresee that I would meet someone else, but I did. That took me completely by surprise. I was introduced to my new hair stylist by my m-i-l, who came over looking really cute, and it was all b/c she'd found our new gal.
My new stylist is fun, and -- oh, alright -- yes, she's younger, too. But it's not about that -- it's just that she knows how to make me happy. I feel more blonde when I'm with her. I hope we'll be together for a long time.

2 comments:

Paola Westbeek said...

Lucky you! At least you have choices! I've been living here for close to ten years and can't find a good stylist to save my life!

Paola

PS: I take it you're blond again? :)

Lisa said...

Ugh! Well, at least you have pretty, long hair!
Yes, blonde again!