Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ahh, Mother's Day


Just when I thought Kentucky Derby day was my favorite of the year, it has competition: Mother's Day.
I was awakened by the sounds of clattering in the kitchen. My wonderful Wyatt was downstairs preparing me breakfast. He brought up peanut butter toast and a bagel on a tray -- breakfast in bed! He said he tried to make me lemonade, but that the seeds kept falling in the glass, and when I asked him why he didn't fish them out with his fingers, he said "Well, you tell us not to touch other people's food." Got it. I explained some exceptions and other alternatives. But I was so touched. We chatted and I ate my delicious toast, and then everyone else woke up and swiftly tried to scam my bagel.
Harry: "A doughnut!"
Cooper: "Bagel!"
Lucky: "Sniff sniff, sniff sniff sniff!"
Me: "Back off!"
Troy brought me a hot cappuccino with half a flower in it (cappuccino art IV, no camera), and then I was showered with cards (one with some fine penmanship from Griffin) and books and a giant phalaenopsis and -- best of all -- an abundance of affection.
And then I was left to lounge in my jammies and quietly read, snack, email friends, watch a little tv, and host sporadic pop-in visits from my sons, while Troy cleaned the kitchen and supervised everything.
Heavenly.

6 comments:

vonsachsen said...

What a lovely post...I could´ve kept on reading for a while...and I like that pic very much.
What a nice family you have/are :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lisa. It sounds lovely.

Great photo of the two sets of feet. I remember that Maisy book. The grownup book looks familiar too but I can'tmake out the title.

Kelly-Jane said...

Happy Mother's Day, what a good family you have :)

Lisa said...

Ah, it was a relaxing day! Karen, the book is "The Wings of the Dove." And you see, "Happiness is a Warm Puppy," which interestingly was one of my favorites as a child!

Anonymous said...

Thats sooooo lovely. You are a lucky Mummy Lisa.

Mara said...

Sounds pure bliss :)