Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Five things about me.

Wow. Tagged by K-J to list five things about myself -- who knew it would be so hard to come up with 5 things?! I've sat here thinking, "Eh. That's not really interesting. Nah, that's not important. Uh. Um..." So, I really don't know what kinds of things I'm supposed to say here, but here's what I came up with.

1. I don't like talking on the phone. There are exceptions, but mostly, talking on the phone drives me nuts.

2. I love salt bagels.

3. It took me eight weeks to name one of my sons. People were appalled. And then, several months later, I changed his birth certificate to add another middle name, which doesn't really fly in America. It's a problem on forms. The IRS is all confused.
Why, you may wonder, did I do this? Because I had a billion decisions to make before his birth, since we moved late in my seventh month of pregnancy. When the baby was born, the name we'd chosen didn't seem to fit right, and then my brain just froze. But I didn't want to be pressured into just putting down a name because of The Rules, so I left the hospital without naming him.

4. I'm a good mimic, but am kind of shy, so can usually only do impersonations for my husband. However, I can raise one eyebrow, flare my nostrils, and wiggle my ears separately or simultaneously, and I will do this for anyone, especially children. I call it the "Facial Symphony."

5. When I'm in public, people tend to think that I work wherever I am. Or that they know me. Like, if I'm in a bookstore, or a clothing store, people approach me to ask me questions about finding things. And usually I answer them, which makes me feel like I should work there. Or, in the other case, they look at me and squint their eyes and cock their heads and say, "You look really familiar to me."

There you go ~ five things. And now we shall move onward to tag Ms. Vonsachsen at Tea for One, Ilana at I Love Risotto!, and Claudia at What's Eating Claudia?.

4 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oooh, how interesting.....well, when I meet you I'm going to look at you and say "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Kelly-Jane said...

Well done Lisa :) That's funny / odd that people think you work in shops you visit!

Anna LOL!

KJxx

vonsachsen said...

Thanks Lisa for tagging me (or not? LOL)...what am I going to "tell"? I´ll try to come up with something :)

vs xx

Anonymous said...

Lisa, i'll call ya later!