Friday, May 11, 2007

Both ends burning




It's been a sad week, with the fires in Griffith Park, Florida, Georgia, and most recently, the beautiful Catalina Island. I'm relieved to hear that they think the Griffith Park fire was not arson (that's what I last heard), because it's easier to accept a fire when it's at least a part of nature. Still, it's surreal -- such a waste and such a shame. And I feel sorry for the animals, who are surely stressed. These pics show what it looks like around our house, the smoke coming from inland brushfires. It smells like there is a bonfire in the backyard, and visibility is low.

4 comments:

megan52866 said...

Oh gosh, and here I have been ranting on about Catalina! It is sad, and a huge waste! the destruction from fire is so complete - and the animals, especially small ones, can be completely wiped out. I hope your situation gets better, Lisa, I hear there is an offshore storm that may come in and put the whole thing out. Take good care!

vonsachsen said...

Oh, I´m sorry to hear and see that! It´s a completely different thing when you see it on TV but this way it get´s so real...
Positive vibes sent and let´s hope fire will be out soon.

vs xx

Kelly-Jane said...

Oh that's horrible :(

KJxx

testglobaltraffic said...

nice blog