Monday, July 24, 2006

Eureka!




I haven't been cooking for a while, but suddenly & inexplicably hit the kitchen yesterday with ideas and motivation, so thought I'd lay it on you while I can.
My suggestion for Sandwich of the Week is this yummy Scandi-inspired compilation of multigrain bread; butter; gravlax; cucumber; and lemon juice.
I also made gazpacho; white bean dip with pita chips toasted w/sea salt & herbes de Provence; and fresh basil & sundried tomato ricotta-stuffed shells.
Bon Appétit!


The recipe for the White Bean Dip is in Giada De Laurentiis' first book, "Everyday Italian."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!

R

Anonymous said...

Great to see you cooking again! My supper today was french fries with tomato salad (onion, toms, sour cream). And my husband commented that I have put on weight... but a girl needs this after a day of sitting on her bottom, stressed!

Redhead

p.s. Manuka honey was a bit too strong for my taste, but I agree that the Italian ones are always lovely and a revelation. I really like also like heather honey.

Lisa said...

Hi Redhead, so nice to see you! The Italian chestnut honey is very intense -- I love it. Hm, heather honey? I haven't tried that! Will do.