Monday, July 17, 2006

It's not a canoe, gf.



So Troy insisted on taking a reluctant Ilana kayaking. You could tell she really wasn't interested, but she decided to be polite and nice to Troy, so said, "sure, sounds good" or something like that. And then as he was putting the kayak in the water, she confessed that she doesn't like boats and she doesn't like ladders!
They launched successfully, and even with a big-booty Labrador parked in front of her in the kayak, she did well and even managed to take some good pics on her excursion. Here she is trying to be cheery about the loading, despite her apprehension. As they left, I made sure to yell, "Look out for the gators!!"
(No, she didn't believe me. I don't think.)

3 comments:

Lady M said...

Uh, yes I did believe you.
About 10 minutes into the canoe ride, I asked with trepidation, 'Troy, um, are there any crocodiles here??'
I had visions of the newspaper articles I read where poor Floridians would get eaten alive.

He said, 'no, this is salt water.' Durr! But thanks for giving me the fright of my life, G. Much appreciated. :)))

Lisa said...

Sharks don't live in salt water here. Sharks do.

Lisa said...

Crocs do not live in salt water around these parts. Sharks live in salt water around these parts. ;)