Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Flippers


Sometimes it is so gloriously quiet here, and I am completely appreciative, especially having moved from a house that was on a crazy-busy road. Last night was one of those still, quiet evenings, and we spotted a pair of dolphins swimming by. You can hear this distinctive "whooosh" sound as they surface and blow out air (or whatever it is they do -- don't ask me). They arc very gracefully and can swim underwater for long periods of time, and you just hope you can catch just one more glimpse of them before they disappear. It's an astounding sight, very beautiful and mesmerizing.

2 comments:

Lady M said...

I know you're just trying to get back at me for posting a picture of our pizza last night!! :)))

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What an incredible place to live. The only noise I hear from my flat is the soothing lullaby from mother to her child of "Get the f**k inside you little s*it" from the laydeeez in the estate at the bottom of my road :-/
Wanna swap????