Saturday, August 12, 2006

Kitchen gadgets with poor timing.

Have you ever heard of a chocolate chipper? It's a kitchen tool for breaking up blocks of chocolate into little chips for baking. Straightforward enough. Julie brought it to my attention, and I found one to take to her next week. However, upon its arrival here yesterday, it took me all of about 5 seconds to decide that I'll have to mail it to Julie. The thing looks downright dangerous! There's no way I'm packing it.
The chipper is solid! It looks like a scary, medieval weapon, and is heavy. Sharp, stainless steel prongs & a hardwood handle...I have a feeling it could really freak out the security personnel to see that image while scanning my suitcase. My suitcase would never make it to France, I know it -- especially in light of our pitstop in Frankfurt. My apologies to Julie for the delay, but at the risk of not having clothing for a couple of weeks, I think she'll understand!

2 comments:

julie said...

Aherm, I'm sorry, I thought it looked like a mini trident and much less evil! Well, before terror took over the world, you could get away with checking those in, but now....who knows, you're right, you shouldn't attempt it!
I'm not in any hurry to have it, so take your time;) Thanks for finding it:))

Anonymous said...

I'll ask my m-i-l to put it in her suitcase.